Thursday, April 7, 2016

How I'm Getting Started

So, as a start I tried to condense my fat-chick history and dieting attempts, and can further condense into: "Food tastes good and I don't like to get sweaty." As I'm trying to change my mindset of futility, I have a multi-pronged approach:

1. Log food. Log all the food, and be honest with yourself about nutrition. Just because you find an entree in myfitnesspal with a ludicrously low count doesn't mean you can use it. Working on being accurate with estimates, and honest in my daily accounting of what I eat, is going to be important for the future. Working on staying at or below maintenance for present weight, which is a generous 2580 kcal per day. Learning the habit f logging, and f paying attention to nonhunger cues, and having a record of food I can refer to with bowel flares is of the good. Once I get the habit down I will start looking at a reasonable deficit to run, probably starting at 1800-2000kcal most days, and maintenance on "holidays." Plan is to readjust as my mass changes, and things work/don't work

2. Move more. Lots of evidence that it's good for heart, and flexibility, and the random pains I began to have in my back, and legs, and my chronic headaches. So, in March we hit the gym for 18 days in a row, then had a much loved family member visit, and have been going 3-6 times a week since Goal is movement on at least 5 days each week, with my goal of being able to enjoy hikes to pretty waterfalls better. Currently doing cardio on treadmill and alternating arm day with leg day, not tracking weight progress, but have a plan to do so in future. Also, have signed up for a 10k in 6 months

3. Cognitive restructuring. This is the way I am choosing to live my life. I'm not being forced to do it, and it's already having benefits (RHR is down 10 points since last month). I am worth taking care of, both emotionally, and my meat sack. I have and can make the time, and choose to. I also have permission to choose not to, but that's a daily decision, not a "well, not going to the gym this week and just gonna eat cheese fries and chocolate."

To health, in all ways.

~Kith

No comments:

Post a Comment